Winter Harvest Soup
Your hungry host has spent the fast few days with a winter flu. That hasn't stopped her from cooking up something delicious...
A comforting pureed soup made with squash, rutabaga and apples. Sweet, spicy, and great for a cold winter day.
- 1 winter squash
- 1 rutabage
- 5 small apples
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp sriracha
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder (slow roasted garlic would be even better)
- salt and pepper
- Chop root vegetables and apples into chunks (sweet potato would also be great in this recipe).
- Add to slow cooker or large pot with stock and cook until soft.
- Blend and add milk (I used almond milk).
- Put back into the pot and cook on low heat with spices for another hour or so.