Giving Thanks with Pumpkin Muffins
I whipped up a batch of pumpkin muffins so good this morning that I just have to share with you. Think of it as a thank you from my blog to you.
I based the recipe of this loaf I made last year, but I must say I even prefer it in muffin form. Smothered in almond butter of course.
Thankful Pumpkin Muffins
- 1¾ cups of gluten-free flour (I use Bob Red Mill's)
- ½ teaspoon of salt (I use pink sea salt)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 cup pumpkin purée from a can
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin cups or tin with coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix the pumpkin, oil, flax, eggs, ¼ cup of water, maple syrup and spices together, then combine with the dry ingredients and add walnuts
- Pour into muffin tin (use extra batter in a small loaf pan).
- Bake 30 minutes until a thin skewer poked in the very center of the loaf comes out clean. Turn out of the pan and let cool on a rack.