Thoughts on Leaving
- I am leaving without a life plan. As a control freak I am constantly reassuring myself that this is a good thing.
- When people tell me I'm lucky, I agree, but I also want to tell them that my choices aren't without effort and sacrifice. I want to yell that I'm heartbroken, exhausted and confused. Then I think of all the wonderful people and opportunities in my life and I feel guilty. I am lucky. Sometimes I just need to hear "I'm proud of you. You are brave."
- It is strange leaving a place I've come and gone from so much, with no plans to come back.
- My heart hurts.
- I am excited.
- I need a good night's rest.
- I am overwhelmed.
- I have been reading a lot about travel, but I think I'd rather be a gypsy than a traveler. I don't want to visit places. I want to stay for a while, soak it up, and make everywhere my home.
- Being adaptable is my primary goal right now.
- I am slowly shaking this fear and realizing that this is exactly where I should be.
“When they asked me what I wanted to be I said I didn’t know. "Oh, sure you know," the photographer said. "She wants," said Jay Cee wittily, "to be everything.”-Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar