The Gentlewoman's Manifesto
- Never shop for too long before stopping for a glass of Champagne or a cocktail.
- Favour old fashioned cocktails with gin or bourbon.
- Eat exactly what you crave and savour every bite.
- Favour timeless bars, cafes and restaurants that have been around for years over trendy ones.
- Buy only things that you love and that will last.
- Embrace a minimalist wardrobe.
- When you indulge do it right. A Pierre Hermé macaron is never a bad idea.
- Always dress up when you travel.
- Own a good blazer and trousers so you can suit up when needed.
- Always wear the best quality shoes, lingerie and perfume.
- Own at least one hat.
- Wear what you feel good in, not what is in style.
More on how to drink like a gentlewoman here