I love tahini. If I could get away with it I would probably dip carrots into a jar of tahini for dinner every night (this may have happened before.)
When I'm not dipping carrots into a jar, I use it to make easy creamy salad dressings, including a killer "faux Caesar" dressing, or eat it straight off the spoon. No shame.
Needless to say, I really do love the stuff, and to celebrate this beautiful love I'm giving you three recipes that might help you feel the same.
End of Summer Salad with Ginger Tahini Dressing
- Shredded kale
- Boiled red and golden beets
- Smoked salmon (use chickpeas to make vegan)
- Ginger tahini dressing: blend together 3 tbsp tahini, 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 3 tbsp water and a slab of ginger.
- Make ginger tahini dressing (omit ginger for a plain tahini dressing, optionally add lemon and/or garlic)
- Massage kale leaves with dressing.
- Add beets and choice of protein.
Cheezy Tahini Dip
- 3 tbsp tahini, 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 3 tbsp water combined (or leftover ginger tahini dressing)
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Mix together ingredients, adding more nutritional yeast or tahini for a thicker dip.
Sweet Tahini Dough balls
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons water (if needed)
*stevia or sweetener of choice optional
These balls are inspired by Purely Twins' raw cake batter dough balls.