Protein Cookies and Kindness
I was debating writing a post on kindness or protein cookies, so I decided to write a post on both. While getting comfortable in being in limbo I've had to deal with some negative feelings: what am I doing with my life? Why haven't I accomplished x, y and z yet? Am I a burden to those who are generous with me?
Then I realized it was time to change my mindset. I want to be kind in life. To myself and others. To realize how lucky I am, and to take everything in stride.
So I've been choosing kindness. I've been making an effort to make strangers smile, especially when I can see they're having a rough day. To make sure those I love know it. And to be kind to myself (which is exactly why it's almost noon and I'm stretching and watching documentaries in my pyjamas.)
With that in mind, here's a kind cookie recipe. It won't spike your blood sugar, give you anxiety or make you feel guilty. They're pretty simple, balanced with protein and healthy fats, and delicious too.
They're inspired by this recipe, and likely a new staple in my weekly meal prep. Enjoy! You deserve it, you wonderful person you.
Ooey Gooey Protein Cookies
- 4 scoops vanilla Whey protein powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 spoonfuls hazelnut almond butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 4 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix protein powder with mashed bananas and nut butter (any will do!)
- Add flax and chia seeds
- Mix in cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- Spoon into muffin cups for ease or a well greased baking pan (parchment paper would help too)
- Bake 10 minutes until firm.