I've always loved skincare and makeup.
While living in France I would often visit the pharmacies, where they offer skin consultations and high end skin products - often providing lots of free samples with your purchase.
I loved experimenting with products, but often felt like I was throwing money away because I never realized a huge difference whether I used them or soap and water!
Makeup was another struggle. I am very oily with large pores, and spent years going back and forth from MAC makeup and impulse Sephora purchases, to expensive mineral makeup that never lasted on my skin.
For the past year I've had the incredible opportunity to sell high end, science based skincare and mineral makeup at Project Skin MD in Vancouver. Here I've discovered products that really work and are recognized by doctors and those in aesthetics.
I spend most of my days doing skincare consultations as well as makeovers with mineral makeup. It's been an incredible education, so I thought I would share my current routine with you (as requested by some friends!) along with some tips and tricks. Enjoy!
- Blemish + Age Cleansing Gel with Clarisonic - Do not press the Clarisonic on your skin, gently glide it around your whole face. Your face may purge a bit during the first week or so as this is likely the most in depth cleaning your face has had! Totally normal. It will soon regulate. I like this cleansing gel as I'm oily and it features glycolic acid and two forms of salicylic acid to address breakouts and visible signs of aging. For combination skin I would recommend Simply Clean, and Gentle Cleanser for sensitive skin.
- Blemish + Age Solution - Toners are great if you are prone to breakouts and clogged pores. I also like them for removing any makeup residue or dry skin on the surface. For combination skin use the Equalizing Toner instead.
- Phloretin CF - Your first layer should always be an antioxidant to prevent environmental damage to the skin. Phloretin CF is a powerful antioxidant face serum featuring a patented combination of 2% Phloretin, 10% pure vitamin C (L-ascorbic Acid), and 0.5% Ferulic Acid to neutralize free radicals induced by environmental stressors such as UVA/UVB and pollution which can accelerate skin aging. Phloretin CF improves the appearance of discoloration, fine lines, and uneven skin tone. Many Vitamin C serums found in stores do not have the right balance of ingredients to be absorbed by the skin so be weary. If your skin is dry use CE Ferulic (a top seller greatly recognized for it's beauty benefits!), and if it's sensitive use Serum 10.
- AOX Eye Gel - Coffee for your eyes! This serum-in-a-gel eye treatment helps protect against environmental damage, help reduce puffiness and signs of fatigue.
- Daily Moisture - A face moisturizer that provides normal to oily skin with lightweight, long-lasting hydration as it helps minimize the appearance of pores. For aging skin I would recommend A.G.E Interrupter, and for very dry skin something along the lines of Face Cream or Emollience. I recommend having a consultation to see what would be best for you as there are many options!
- Eye Balm - Rich emollient cream to rehabilitate the look of aging skin and help reduce puffiness. For heavier signs of aging use A.G.E Eye Complex.
- Sheer Physical SPF 50- You need to wear a sunscreen EVERY DAY. Our most popular seller is Physical Fusion, although I wear the sheer for oil control.
Then wait a moment and let it all absorb. I like to drink my coffee and have breakfast at this point!
- Glominerals Face Primer
- Glominerals Luxe Liquid Bright Concealer
- Colorescience Pressed Mineral Foundation - Made from 100% healthy, high-integrity minerals, pigments and nourishing ingredients, including antioxidants, peptides, breathable zinc and titanium dioxide. I wear shades California Girl in winter, and All Even in the summer.
- Glominerals Brow Collection
- Glominerals eye shadow (this palette was a part of their Christmas kit)
- Geisha ink eyeliner (now called Amaterasu)
- Glominerals Contour Kit
- Colorescience soft rose blush
- Glo Minerals Eye Makeup Remover
- Blemish + Age Cleansing Gel with Clarisonic -
- Blemish + Age Solution -
- Retexturing Activator - I highly recommend using an exfoliator every night! Retexturing Activator has the resurfacing power of daily 20% glycolic acid treatment but is far more gentle. This product makes your skin GLOW and is basically a primer for everything else you use, as your skin will absorb other products better (and benefit for from any medical peels ect.) 1-3 times a week I recommend use a retinol as a stronger exfoliator. This increases cell turnover and is also great for larger pores, age spots, wrinkles and more.
- Metacell Renewal B3 - Metacell Renewal B3 delivers a high concentration of vitamin B3 combined with a firming tripeptide concentrate, and 15% pure glycerin to address early signs of photoaging. It helps improve early signs of photoaing by increasing cell turnover to resurface skin, which helps to even out skin tone and improve the appearance of wrinkles and surface elasticity.
- Eye Balm
- Antioxidant Lip Repair - Emollient treatment helps improve environmental damage, while smoothing and refining the lips surface.
- Body Tightening Concentrate - Cooling fluid body treatment to help tighten and firm the appearance of skin.
That's all folks! If you have any questions or need some skincare advice, leave a comment below or come visit me at Project Skin MD!