I wake up in the morning, shake off the sleep, switch my blue tooth speaker on and play some calm music.
I light a candle, drink my lemon water, and whisk up a hot almond milk latte on the stove.
Then I roll out my mat and spend the next 30 minutes stretching out my body to a guided detox yoga class.
My mornings have been the highlight of this restore so far. I didn't even plan to do yoga every morning, but ever since doing a class on Sunday was really feeling the need to incorporate it into my life more (I have fallen in and out of a yoga routine over the years).
The Asana Rebel App has made it easy and time efficient to get a little Om into the day.
I then make a big gut healing smoothie and take my supplements:
Morning Supplements + Breakfast
- Digestive Enzyme
Just added based off of Clean Gut recommendations:
- Berberine HCL - Effective against yeast, parasites, viruses and other types of bacteria. Removing these from the gut is an important part of gut repair.
- Stress B-Complex - To keep the stress at bay - essential for liver and gut repair.
- Saccharomyces Boulardii + MOS - Great to take after antibiotics. It has at least 5 billion count live organisms per serving and promotes anti-yeast activity.
- Monolaurin - Monolaurin is a 12-carbon long fatty acid, derived from coconut oil but prepared into a mono-ester of lauric acid. One important means of defense your body uses is a fatty acid called lauric acid. Lauric acid has been found to help treat of many types of minor viral infections. This supplement is great boost for the immune system and well reputed to fight colds and flus.
Gut Healing Smoothie
- 2 Scoops Thorne Mediclear
- 2 Scoop Superseed
- 1 tbsp Maca
- 1/2-1 cup mixed frozen berries
- Fresh kale
- 1 cup unsweetened almond, hemp or coconut milk
- Huge knob of ginger
- Glug of beet juice
A ton of vegetables (usually in stir fry form since it's been cold!) with a clean protein (turkey, chicken or fish) cooked in coconut oil and a whole avocado.
Taken with a digestive enzyme and Stress B-Complex
Same as lunch. Will have 1/2 an avocado if I had 1/2 at lunch, not if I had a whole one.
I will usually have some form of "dessert" as berries and nut butter. It's not ideal to have fruit after a meal for digestion but I find I really like having something sweet after a meal. I also was majorly overdoing the nut butter the first half of the week, which may or may not be responsible for the spike on the scale (also likely due to more fibre and water retention).
Same supplements as morning:
Magnesium Citrate - Stabilizes the nervous system.
Where I Need to Improve Next Week:
- Tone down the nut butter consumption
- More fish and tempeh to balance out proteins
- More raw vegetables
- Walk after dinner (It's been wet and dreary - totally avoided this)
- More water during the day
- Go to bed earlier
Final Thoughts of the Week:
I am SO glad I am doing this. I have not felt 100% myself since taking prednisone in Hawaii, and I know the addition of antibiotics was not helping my case.
The more I read about gut health and the immune system, the more comforted I am in knowing this is the best possible gift I could give to my body right now.
The first week of a "detox" or restore are always a little challenging. As I've noticed in the past, my body is adjusting to a change in diet and quite bloated (learn about my colonic relief in my YouTube video below).
The greatest part is how much it has forced me to slow down, get real with myself and chill out. I feel incredibly connected to myself.
This week I was in a store buying cards for loved ones while sipping on a tumeric latte and a woman named Gigi told me I was one of the most beautiful humans inside and out that she had come across. I was feeling a lot of inner light in that moment and it was a beautiful thing to see her connect to it.
Should I start ending my blogs 'Namaste' now? Haha.
I hope you are enjoying this journey. I will share some of my daily eats next week.
Peace homies. Keep yo guts healthy. Cause I love yer guts.